Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!
Home » » Mango Mousse

Mango Mousse

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Tuesday, January 6, 2015 | 6:39 PM


Well the most awaited recipe since I started blogging is here. Lot of my friends were asking me to share this recipe and finally I'm. 

Mango mousse is a delicate N exquisite dessert.Its made with Mango pulp as the major ingredient.It has a consistency of mousse so the name.It’s a rich yet light to the palette kind of dessert and delicate and not so sweet.May be thats why it took a place in our home even though we aren’t sweet lovers.

Mago mousse has a special place in our home.When we were living in California, we have a famous bakery near our place.That is where I first tasted this mousse. They use to sell this Mango mousse cake which is very famous on their cake list. As a fruit I love mangoes so as the mango flavor in anything. Obviously it became my favorite.For every one of my birthdays it used to appear in my home :-).I used to savor it happily.Anyway that was my inspiration to try the mango mousse, when I did the first time.I make this dessert for every one of my parties especially my sons birthday parties and potluck parties. In each party I get lot of appreciation and always an empty tray would be left.

Eventually I made the mango mousse cake too.I will be posting this recipe next.

It is a easy and quick desert ,also fail proof. It can be made in advance for a party and you can easily make it for any number of people.But make sure you have extra as everyone would come for seconds or even thirds :-). Another advantage is that you can mold this desert in various ways.I always serve this desert in small individual cups which makes it look nice and easy to serve and estimate the quantity need to be made.

Whats in the recipe :I used the mango pulp from can which is available in Indian stores.I used the Kesar variety and I prefer it over the Alphonso variety.I have never mad it from fresh mangoes as the mangoes in US aren’t that sweet and have a different flavor.The heavy whipping cream and cream cheese can be found in the diary aisle in any american grocery store.Heavy whipping cream is basically  homogenized cream that comes from milk.Gelatin is the product that gives the mango pulp the texture of mousse. I used 2 packets of it here and I like the texture, but if you want it even softer you can try using less gelatin.the sugar can be adjusted according to your taste.The servings cups can be purchased from any party store.


Servings:
30 cups-2 oz size
Total time:
2 hrs(Including refrigeration)
Category:
Desserts/Sweets
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)

1 can Kesar mango pulp can (Indian store brand)
8 oz cream cheese
8 0z Heavy whipping cream
10 Teaspoons sugar
1 cup water
2 pks Knox unflavored gelatin
30 small cups 
Rasp berries or any other Berries to Decorate(Optional)




Mango Mousse step-by-step Recipe with Photos
  1. Soften the cream cheese by microwaving for 20-30 sec.
  2. Take mango pulp in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add heavy whipping cream and softened cream cheese, sugar to the mango pulp.
  4. Beat with a electric hand mixer till cream cheese is smooth (Alternatively you can take cream cheese and little mango pulp in the bowl first and beat till smooth,then add the rest of the ingredients).If you do not have a mixer take a whisk and beat it.You can also use your blender too.The purpose is to mix all the ingredients and make it smooth. 
  5. Keep the cups or shells ready.
  6. Take 1 cup water in a microwave safe bowl.Add gelatin to the water and mix with a spoon.Heat the water for 1 minute.Stir to dissolve the gelatin and make sure there are no lumps.

  7. Add the gelatin to the mixing bowl with mango pulp mixture.
  8. Now beat with the mixer to mix everything nicely.
  9. The mousse mixture is ready.Pour in the cups/shells.Use a measuring cup or a small ladle to fill the cups. Refrigerate for 1.5-2 hrs.

  10. Serve as it is or decorate with berries and serve.

Related Recipes:
  • Mango mousse cake
  • Mango milk shake
  • Mango lassi

0 comments :

Post a Comment