Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!
Home » » Raspberry Lemonade

Raspberry Lemonade

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 | 10:20 AM


As I mentioned before my next pick to Indian food is Italian. Love cheesy Pastas, Lasagna and for that matter anything with Alfredo sauce. So obviously one of my fav. Restaruent is Olive Garden. I know the recipe here is Raspberry lemonade and I'm talking about Pasta ;-). The first time I had Raspberry lemonade was in Olive Garden. Now you understand the story.

Wanted to skip Soda so ordered lemonade. The color was Pretty so tried it. Totally loved it. I'm not a big fan of Lemonade but Raspberry lemonade is something else. Love the berry flavor associated with the lemonade. Also it paired up with Italian food pretty good.

Since then I have been making it once in a while especially when I make Italian food.
After I started my food blog, especially after summer started I wanted  to make Raspberry lemonade but some how I couldn't. Finally made it and noted down the recipe. I couldn't take nice pictures as my guests were waiting to attack it. Lol! I had friends at my home who were visiting us from California. We were talking about lemonade and I thought of Raspberry lemonade. Immediately I made it. It came out so good. So I took quick pictures and served it along with my Dadpe Poha as a evening snack. They loved both.

I used all fresh ingredients for this recipe. The Raspberries were so fresh n sweet. Sweetened the drink with sugar. You can substitute with other sweeteners like stevia, honey if you don't want sugar.But I wanted to keep it original this time.


Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C which is something you would need to control body heat. Adding fresh fruit is never a wrong choice and particularly berries are rich in Vitamin C too.So this drink is perfect to have on any hot summer day.

Servings:
Four (4)
Total time:
30 minutes
Category:
Beverages
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)
6-8 oz raspberries
2 lemons
3.5 cups water
To make Syrup:
1/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup water

Raspberry Lemonade step-by-step Recipe with Photos

  1. Take about 1 cup of Raspberries in a blender and puree them.Keep aside.
  2. Take Sugar and water in a vessel and heat it on the stove till sugar disappears.
  3. Let the syrup cool down.
  4. Now add about 3.5 cups of cold water to raspberry puree.Sieve the raspberry water mixture through a strainer into a big pitcher or a bowl. This will remove the berry seeds. 
  5. Now juice 2 lemons and add it to the pitcher.
  6. Now to the pitcher add the sugar syrup.
  7. Taste it. If you like little more sugar or lemon juice add it. The sugar might take few minutes to dissolve. The final lemonade was not too sweet and was perfect for my taste. 
  8. Chill the lemonade or add ice cubes and serve immediately.

Tips: 
  • You can add more or less lemon juice as per your taste.
Related Recipes:

0 comments :

Post a Comment