I love making quick recipes, especially during festive times when you have to make many delicacies. Whether that recipe is from scratch or made using short cut methods, I make sure to get perfect end result. Try my other such quick recipe's on blog, Microwave Doodh Peda in 3 minutes, Microwave Kalakand under 15 minutes, Quick Rice Kheer using Pressure cooking . Well these all are my family favorites and also crowd pleasers. Also these recipes are great for parties n potluck.
The Quick recipes aren't anything magical. They are made using ingredients or techniques that reduce time. One good and well known example of such ingredient is Condensed milk which is also known as Milkmaid. It is thickened milk and sugar. So it helps to create several short recipes like milk sweets Doodh peda, Malai peda, Kalakand etc.
Coming to Coconut Laddoo recipe, It is very simple, delicious and quick recipe that can be done under 15 minutes. The recipe, from scratch is made by using freshly grated coconut, added to sugar syrup. It would take a long time to grate coconut and also to remove moisture while cooking. In the quick version ,I have used grated, frozen coconut. Again remember it's a quick recipe so frozen coconut is perfect😉. Just Thaw/Defrost it in microwave or put in refrigerator night before. It will be ready to use in the morning. Instead of making sugar syrup, we are cooking coconut with Condensed milk. Coconut Ladoo can be made with desiccated coconut too (Dry coconut ladoo) but I never liked that variety so never tried.
The resulting ladoos were so soft, delicious and melting in the mouth.I have rolled these ladoos in desiccated coconut powder to make em look more appealing.You can also add some chopped dry fruits to the recipe to make em extra delicious.You can refrigerate the left over ladoos for few days.My Ladoos were over pretty fast though.
Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)
- 2 cups grated frozen coconut
- 1/2 can Condensed milk
- 1 tsp Ghee(Clarified butter)
- Desiccated coconut powder (Optionally for decoration)
- Chopped Dry fruits (optional)
Quick Coconut Ladoo recipe Step-by-Step Recipe with Photos
- Thaw/Defrost Frozen coconut in microwave. Use a Microwave safe bowl to do this. We need 2 cups of coconut. Measure and keep aside. You can re freeze remaining coconut or make more ladoos. I used Deep brand from Indian store.
- Heat a pan and add a tsp Ghee to it.
- Add coconut and cook couple minutes.
- Now add 1/2 can condensed milk and mix.
- Cook till moisture is gone on medium flame. Keep stirring the mixture. It took me about 6 minutes. If you are multplying the recipe it might take more time to remove moisture.When the mixture leaves sides and comes together, it is time to turn off stove.
- Keep dessicated coconut powder/flakes in a plate.
- Take cooked coconut mixture on to a plate.
- The mixture was ready to handle with in a minute. Wait few minutes if it is hot for you. Start making balls out of the mixture and roll em in dessicated coconut for a nice appearance.
- Repeat till mixture is over.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Refrigerate the left over ladoos.