Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!
Home » , » Whole wheat Pancakes

Whole wheat Pancakes

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 | 7:05 PM


Fluffy,  melt in the mouth Pancakes topped with butter and drizzled generously with Maple syrup , accompanied by scrambled eggs and a cup of hot Coffee is one of my favorite breakfast. If I have more time, glazed strawberries goes on the side. 

The only caveat here is Pancakes are made with All purpose flour and I try to skip the white flour as much as I can. 

Initially I used to make Pancakes with unbleached all purpose flour. It is better than using regular flour. But in order to enjoy Pancakes often and not feeling guilty about it, I started making them with Wheat flour. I was surprised how delicious they turned out. My Kids too loved em. Happy them, happy me! 

 This is the recipe I'm sharing today. So if you are looking for healthy choice these are perfect for you. But if you want the original taste you can just use All purpose flour in place of Wheat flour. 

I used Aashirwad wheat flour from Indian store for the recipe. You can use any wheat flour you have on hand. If you prefer using all purpose flour, I highly recommend using unbleached flour. 

Between both flours, Maida takes less milk than wheat flour. That's the only difference I observed.


Servings:
Four (4)
Total time:
30 minutes

Ingredients(I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml):
  • 1.5 cup wheat flour
  • 3  tsp baking powder
  • 1/4tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp sugar or honey
  •  2 eggs
  • 1.75 cups milk or adjust
  • 3 tbsp butter melted

Whole wheat Pancakes Recipe


Take 1.5 cups wheat flour and sift it  into a bowl.
Add 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp sugar to it.
Mix well. 
Break open 2 Eggs and add it to the flour. 
Add 3 tbsp melted butter.
Add milk gradually. Whisk the batter well to make sure no lumps. Small lumps are ok. The final batter should have thick pouring consistency. 
Now heat a griddle or pan and rub butter on it. Keep flame on medium.
Pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan.No need to spread. 
You will see batter bubbling on top. 
When bottom looks browned flip it. Cook for 30 sec.
Remove and spread some butter on top optionally. Repeat to make more. 
Serve with Honey or Maple syrup and scrambled eggs. 

Tips: 

  • Add more or less milk to get thick pouring consistency. All purpose flour takes less milk than Wheat flour.

Love quick and variety breakfast recipes. Then try my Cheesy Chutney sandwiches, CroissanwichOats veggie upma recipes, 


0 comments :

Post a Comment