Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!
Home » » Ginger Tea/ Allam Tea

Ginger Tea/ Allam Tea

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Monday, November 24, 2014 | 8:08 PM


For me having tea is an important routine of the day. I feel you can divide people solely based on what's their morning drink is. If someone is coffee drinker, for them making Tea is like Rocket science:-). For me that's true in case of coffee. I love my morning tea time, at least I used to. I like to have it peacefully sitting at one place. Now with two kids I rarely get that chance. I remember when I first learned how to make Tea. I used to wonder will I ever make a perfect Tea like my mom. Well, now I can and this recipe will make a perfect cup of Tea.

Ginger tea is something I make during winter. Ginger has great medicinal values. It protects from the colds and coughs in winter.
It is comforting to have a cup of Ginger tea during a chilly winter morning. Try it and you will be hooked too.



Ginger Tea step-by-step Recipe with Photos

Servings:
Two (2) [This could be 1 serving for some. I drink a small cup of tea.]
Total time:
12-15 minutes
Category:
Drinks
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon Ginger crushed
2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon tea powder
8oz/1cup Milk
1/2 cup Water


Preparation:
  1. Add water to the vessel. Let it come to boil.
  2. Add tea powder.Add crushed ginger pieces as crushing would enhance Ginger flavor.Let it boil for couple minutes until you see a nice color and still some water left.
  3. Now add milk and sugar. (I used 2% milk but you can also use whole milk. If you use 1% milk, skip the decoction part and directly mix milk, Tea powder, sugar, Ginger and boil).
  4. Let it boil until you see nice color. It takes around 8-10 min.
  5. Now filter the tea into the Tea cups.

Drink it as it is or with a snack/Rusk on the side.


Tips:
You can cut down the sugar to your liking.
If you want a quicker way, you can heat up the milk in microwave while decoction is getting done.It would cut half the time.

Related Recipes:

  • How to make green Tea
  • Tea party Recipes

0 comments :

Post a Comment