Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!

Hummus Paratha

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 | 9:04 PM



Giving the kids a healthy and tasty lunch is always a challenge, particularly if the kid is a picky eater like my son. His habits make me explore and invent crazy recipes which most of the times turns out good ☺.

That said I had a big tub of organic hummus in the fridge looking at me and making me feel guilty that I'm not using it..

When I gave my son hummus on Bread he gave me a disapproving look. Then I thought that  I will somehow make him eat this (by hook or crook).

I chose crook ☺.

So finally I made this simple yet nutritious recipe, multigrain Hummus paratha. With the goodness of carbs from multigrain Atta, protein and fiber from hummus, vegetable (pepper) what would be a better lunch idea than this (I still have lots of lunch ideas though ☺). 

The result: My son ate his portion of lunch without any complaint. Kid approved and Husband appreciated.




Nutrition:For those who do not know what's Hummus is- It is a Spread/ Dip made from mashed chick peas (garbanzo beans), tahini, olive oil and few other spices. It is high in protein, fibre, good fats to say the least. I will soon be posting more hummus recipes.

Hummus Paratha Recipe

Servings:

Four (4)

Ingredients:


2 1/2cups multigrain Atta (You can use regular wheat flour if you do not have this)
1 cup hummus (any variety you like. I used spicy roasted red pepper)
Salt
1 tbsp oil 
Water


Hummus Paratha Recipe:

  1. Mix all above ingredients in the bowl. 
  2. Add enough water to and knead into a soft dough, like chapati dough.
  3. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
  4. Now take a ball of dough. Dust it with Atta on both sides and roll like chapati.
  5. Fry this on a pan with oil on both sides.Use a pastry brush to spread the oil as this will coat evenly. You can skip the oil if you want.
  6. Enjoy with a curry of your choice or Dahi kadhi.
Related recipes:


0 comments :

Post a Comment