Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!

Spinach cheese Parathas

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 | 5:31 PM


Yesterday night I was thinking about what to pack for my Kid's lunchbox. I was trying to find Tofu but I ran out of it. I wanted to add some protein to the Chapathi dough. What I have in my fridge were string cheese. They were cheddar and mozzarella blended string cheese. I thought of giving it a try ;-). So I mixed the Chapati dough with grated string cheese and finely cut spinach. Made the dough ready and kept it in the refrigerator. In the morning made the chapatis and packed along with sugar snap peas and cutie. They were looking so tempting so I made extra and had em for my breakfast. They are yummy. The Chapatis were soft and not overpowered with cheese taste. Its good that he is getting his daily protein without even knowing. 

Servings:
6 Chapatis
Total time:
60 minutes
Category:
Parathas/Kidzbites
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)
1 cup Multigrain Atta or regular Wheat Flour
3/4 cup finely chopped Spinach
2 string cheese (Cheddar+mozzarella blended variety)
1 tablespoon oil
Salt
1.5 teaspoon chilli powder




Spinach cheese Paratha step-by-step Recipe 


  1. Grate the string cheese using cheese grater. Chop spinach finely.
  2. Add all the ingredients together in a wide bowl. Make a soft dough adding water. Knead the dough on a floured surface .The final dough should be soft and not sticky.
  3. Rest the dough for at least 30 minutes or you can prepare it in advance and refrigerate it.
  4. Now take a ball of dough, flatten it, roll it thin  using rolling pin.
  5. Heat a skillet, Take the rolled chapati in the pan. spread oil on top of the chapati
  6. when the bottom has brown spots flip the chapati.
  7. Spread oil on top again. This way there is oil on both sides. 
  8. Once both sides has brown spots take the chapati off the pan. 
  9. Repeat the step again.
  10. Pack these chapatis along with sides of your choice.I packed em today with sugar snap peas and Cutie.



Related Recipes:




0 comments :

Post a Comment