Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!
Home » » Healthy Breakfast Recipes :Recipes 1,2,3

Healthy Breakfast Recipes :Recipes 1,2,3

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Monday, May 18, 2015 | 7:43 AM

Are you up for a clean eating challenge. Looking for simple n healthy recipes.The best way to start is pick one day a week to eat healthy. Progress further so you will not retreat.Of course if you are determined you can go with full force and follow the routine everyday.
Here  are few such healthy recipes that I put together and I will keep adding more n more. 

Most of the recipes need minimal cooking, consumption of more raw ingredients.

You can adjust portion size as per your preference. Substitute or add ingredients accordingly per your preference.



Healthy Breakfast Recipe 1

1.Mini bread rounds with Avocado spread,Cheese,Strawberries:

During my routine weekly shopping found these bruschetta rounds. I love mini foods. Bite size. So bought a bag of these. Also they are multigrain. Try to include multigrain foods in your diet.

One fine morning I want to have em for breakfast. I love toasted bread with Avocado. But I wanted to whip up something more exciting. So made this simple avocado spread.
To have some protein I also had a slice of pepper jack cheese cut into small squares.The best part of this spread is chilli powder/cayenne pepper. It gave a nice kick. Loved it so much. Also used fresh corn which is sweet and added a nice taste and crunch to the spread. Lip smacking Delicious. Ate  more than usual which made me full till lunch time.

Avocado are rich in fats but don't be alarmed. They are known to increase good fat levels in the blood.Instead of using fat rich dressings I like to use mashed avocado in most of my salads and on top of bread.i read some where that Avocados helps with absorption of vitamin A when paired up with foods rich in Vitamin A.Corn is rich in fiber, simple carbs, Vitamin A so it's a nutritious combo too.Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C hence good source of Antioxidants.Love to include berries in my diet.

Now proceed to the recipe.

Servings:
Two (2)
Total time:
15 minutes
Category:
Healthy Recipes
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)

  • 12 Toasted mini Bread rounds
  • Avocado Spread- 
  • 1 Ripe Avocado
  • 2 tbsp Carrots
  • 2 tbsp Corn
  • 1/2 tomato
  • 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper or 1/4 tsp black pepper,  
  • Pinch of Salt 
  • lemon juice lil bit 
  • 2 Spicy Pepper Jack cheese slice or your favorite cheese
  • 12 Strawberries



  Step-by-step Recipe 


  1. Toast the bread rounds. I dabbed em with butter and browned em in a fry pan.Use 2 slices of multigrain bread or any of your favorite bread instead.
  2. Cut around Avocado. Avocado has a big seed in the middle so the best way to cut is cut around and pull 2 pieces apart.
  3. Ripened avocado can be removed easily by scooping out with a spoon. Scoop out both halves.
  4. Make spread by mashing Avocado with the back of a spoon, add grated carrot, finely chopped tomato, corn (microwaved for 30 sec in water). Add pinch of salt, chilli powder for a kick. Add lemon juice if you need.
  5. Cut 2 cheese slices into 12 pieces.
  6. Now take a bread round, place cheese on the bread, top it with spread. Add pinch of Chilli powder on top. Enjoy.
  7. On the side, for a serving of fruit I had strawberries.You can substitute it with any fruit of your choice.
  8. Also had the leftover corn on the side which is addictive :-)

Tips: 

  • You can have your favorite fruits, cheese instead listed above
  • Use any regular bread of your preference.




Healthy Breakfast Recipe 2:

Hummus Sandwich, Apple with Almond butter, hard boiled egg:



Hummus is my recent addiction and my fav spread for the bread after Avocado. I get excited when I see new flavors of hummus in the store. When I went for shopping over weekend I saw spinach artichoke hummus. Yum! I thought as spinach artichoke dip is my favorite. I went ahead and bought it.Also with that bought usual multigrain bread.

Hummus: it is a mediterranean spread made with garbango beans, tahini and olive oil. Along with few spices. So it's a fairly healthy choice over Jams and jellies in my view. You can also make it at home easily. Will post the recipe next time. For now I have used store bought one.
Also on the side For a serving of fruit I had Apples spreaded with almond butter and few blue berries.
 I do not like peanut butter so I use almond butter at my home. With Apples it tasted even better.You can have peanut butter instead if you like that.

 Gave some antioxidant punch with berries.

The lettuce leaves I decorated with were the last to eat;-) but finished em drizzled with little ranch. So everything on the plate was not only colorful but also edible.


Servings:
One (1)
Total time:
15 minutes
Category:
Healthy Recipes
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)
  • Spinach Artichoke hummus or any of your favorite flavor hummus
  • 2 slices Multigrain Bread
  • 2-3 Lettuce leaves
  • 2 Tomato rounds
  • 1/2 Apple cut as wedges
  • 1 tbsp Almond butter or as required
  • Few berries of your choice
  • 1 hard boiled egg

 step-by-step Recipe 

  1. Toast the bread. 
  2. Spread hummus on both slices. I love lots of hummus on my bread. 
  3. On one slice place 2 tomato rounds. I removed core to keep tomato crunchy.
  4. On other sice put a leaf of romain lettuce, cut to desired size to fit bread slice. 
  5. Add additional veggies ( grated carrot or cucumber or onion) of your choice or even feta cheese.
  6. Close sandwich n enjoy.
  7. Cut apples as wedge shapes. Use 1/2 apple. 
  8. Spread with Almond butter.
  9. What next. Just eat em😀. Yummy.
  10. For more protein you can have a hard boiled egg on the side. 



Healthy Breakfast Recipe 3

Roasted Baby Potatoes, Cucumber Salad bowls, Scrambled Eggs

Miniature vegetables are fun to look at n also to cook. I also love various colors of Veggies. Colorful veggies excite me and gets me in the mood of cooking. Last week I was munching on purple n yellow carrots and this week it is red baby Potato mania.

Got these baby potatoes bag from sprouts last week. They are so cute that I don't even want to cut em😄. Anyway today I finally decided to make use of em.I was juggling between potato fry n Dum Aloo but finally wanted to roast em. 


These Roasted baby potatoes are great as side dish with Rice or Chapathi. They also make a great snack. In fact when the Potatoes were done I started eating em as it is. Thats when I thought of adding it to the healthy recipes list. Whats more healthy than eating veggies that too baked style.You can also have these with a cup of Tea.The potatoes were crispy on top with the skin with soft texture inside.

Today I served these with Rice and Mango Dal( Mamidikaya Pappu) for lunch, for the whole family.

For breakfast I paired these  with cucumber salad bowls and I was full by the time I’m done with em.If you want some protein have scrambled eggs along with these.I also gave recipe for scrambled eggs here.you can also have left over roasted potatoes from previous day by heating em in oven.This will cut down some time if you are in hurry.


In this recipe I do not want to use the whole potato coz they are not really bite size so I cut em into halves/ quarters depending on how big they are. Also this way they are well coated with seasoning. Since my Idea was to eat em with Rice I used the typical fry seasonings.I used chilli powder which you can substitute with pepper if you want to make em for snack.You can also sprinkle chat masala on top when done. You can add various spices like garam masala or coriander powder to make em spicier.

Bought these huge cucumbers from the grocery store. Wanted to make a salad to have along with roasted potatoes. Avocado is my favorite when it comes to eating raw veggies. My recent addiction is cherry tomatoes which I luckily have in the fridge. So voila quickly made these beautiful looking bowls. I wanted to add corn too but don't have em on hand. You can also add your favorite veggies.Don't have patience, just chop everything and drizzle with Ranch, Cucumber Ranch or your favorite dressing and eat.Make these quick bowls for any party as appetizer and i bet no one can resist eating em.




Servings:
Two (2)
Total time:
60 minutes
Category:
Breakfast,Snacks,Frys
Author:
Praveena Gudipati

Ingredients: (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml)
Roasted Baby Potatoes:
12 baby Red potatoes 
2 teaspoon chilli powder or 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves grated or minced
Few Cilantro leaves finely chopped (Optional)
Cucumber Bowls:
1 big Cucumber 
1 Avocado
Few grape tomatoes
2 tbsp corn (Optional)
Cucumber Ranch or Ranch dressing
Salt n pepper (Optional)
Scrambled Eggs:
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon butter
salt to taste
Pepper powder



Healthy Breakfast 3 step-by-step Recipe 

Roasted Baby Potatoes:

  1. Wash and Cut each baby potato into quarters.Do not peel.If the potatoes are too small make halves.

  2. Take the potato Pieces in a wide mixing bowl.
  3. Make a paste/grate 3 garlic cloves.
  4. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt to taste, 2 teaspoons chilli powder, garlic paste.
  5. Mix well with hands to coat the potatoes with seasonings.

  6. Place the potatoes in a oven safe dish.
  7. Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the potatoes in the oven and cook for 50 minutes. Toss the potatoes in between to achieve even cooking.
  8. Turn off the oven.I kept the dish in oven for 5 more minutes.
  9. Remove the potatoes and serve em hot.
  10. You can also add more chilli powder on top of potatoes to make em more spicy.
  11. Serve as a breakfast, snack or on the side with Rice or Chapathi. 
Cucumber Salad Bowls:

  1. Take a cucumber.
  2. Chop into big rounds about 1/2 inch size.
  3. Scoop the middle part with a spoon, keeping the bottom intact. 
  4. Take 1 Avocado into a bowl. Mash with a spoon.Add corn optionally.
  5. Scoop the Avocado into the cucumber bowls.
  6. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves. Place a piece on top of avocado.
  7. Drizzle the cucumber bowls with Cucumber Ranch or Regular Ranch.
  8. Or just sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of em and devour.

Scrambled Eggs:
  1. Heat a pan and add butter. When butter melted break open the eggs directly into the pan.Stir the egg mixture so as to mix yellow and white together.
  2. Let the eggs cook for couple minutes.stir in between till eggs are done.
  3. Add salt and pepper.
  4. Transfer them onto serving plate.
  5. Enjoy. I did not have a picture for this.Will try to upload soon.


Tips: 


  • You can use Pepper in the place of chilli powder for potatoes.
  • You can add spices like coriander powder, garam masala if you like spicier.
  • You can use any type of baby potatoes for this recipe.
  •  Check in between to see if potatoes are done as different ovens may perform differently.
  • For scrambled eggs you can use oil in place of butter.
  • Add finely chopped fresh veggies of your choice to fill cucumber bowls.










0 comments :

Post a Comment