Veggibites
For a Healthy Lifestyle!
Home » , , » ​ Saggubiyyam Payasam : Sravana masam Recipes

​ Saggubiyyam Payasam : Sravana masam Recipes

Written By Praveena Gudipati on Saturday, January 19, 2019 | 6:59 PM

It is Sravan Masam again (the holy month of August). The time, several Indians perform Pujas and be prepping Naivedyam (offering to God) almost daily. The good part is, we can enjoy desserts, where as the bad part, running out of quick Naivedyam ideas . I will try to post as many recipes as I can . 

One advantage of following a recipe is, we do not have to worry about end result as we cannot taste Naivedyam until it's offered to God almighty. I follow my own recipes and they never let me down. This is another such recipe I will make closing my eyes :-). 




Total Time : 
60 minutes (Including 30 minutes soaking time) 
Servings: 


Ingredients (I use US standard measuring; 1cup=8oz=250ml):
  • 1/3 cup Saggubiyyam (Sabudana)
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 3 tbsp Dry fruits
  • 3 tbsp Ghee
  • 1/3 cup Sugar .
  • 1 Cardmom

Check more festive recipes :
Sweet:

Savory :
  • Raw Mango Pulihora
  • Lemon Rice
  • Chandal vada

Saggubiyyam Payasam Recipe

  1. Soak 1/3 cup Sabudana for 30 minutes in warm water. You can do it first thing in Morning. 
  2. In a Pressure cooker add Soaked Sabudana, 1 cup Milk, little less than 1/3 cup Sugar, 1 tbsp Ghee and 1 crushed Cardmom. I like moderate -less sweet. Add more sugar if you like sweeter.
  3. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or for 15 minutes on medium flame.
  4. Meanwhile heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry chopped dry fruits. I have used only Cashews, raisins . You can add finely chopped Almonds, Pistachio too. Keep Dry fruits aside. 
  5. Turn off and open when pressure is gone.
  6. Add Milk or water to adjust consistency. I prefer milk. Heat few minutes if liquid is added. Once it cools down,  it  will thicken.
  7. Add dry fruits at the end. Turn off. 
  8. Serve it hot or at room temperature. 
  9. It tastes great with  Garelu (Vada made with Lentils) . Try my Chanadal Vada recipe with this.

0 comments :

Post a Comment